Filming via ZOOM for New Works Virtual Festival has begun! The festival is set to take place from Sunday October 25th to Saturday October 31.
The festival will be free and streamed on YouTube with donations to benefit the Actors Funde encouraged. NWVF's lineup of 20 plays in 7 days will consist of non-musical pieces both plays and one television pilot.
The featured plays include:
- Happy Couples by Connie Dinkler starring Tony winner Santino Fontana, nominee Eva Noblezada and three-time nominee Mary Testa, as well as Larry Joe Campbell, Katherine Damisch, Elaine Hendrix, Philip Hernández, Joseph Melendez, Joseph Morales, Stuart Pankin, Tracie Thoms, Robert Wuhl, and Jim Auld.
- A Man with No Opinion by Kevin Wiczer starring Golden Globe winner Kathleen Turner, Emmy nominee Christy Carlson Romano, and Tony Nominee Daniel Jenkins as well as Krystina Alabado, Alan H. Green, Tyce Green, and Richard White.
- Otherwise Engayged described by Hal Katkov as "laughter with a dose of critical thinking," will feature Tony nominee Kevin Chamberlin as well as Amir Arison, Christina Bianco, Bryan Terrell Clark, Madeline Franklin, and Mykal Kilgore.
- So When Are You Leaving? by Sheila Rinear starring Tony winner Tonya Pinkins, Meghan Cavanagh, Joely Fisher, Marsha Mason, Drew Sarich, and Necar Zadegan.
- Bloomer Girls by Emily Brauer Rogers
- Family Game Night by Peter Kennedy
- A Mighty Road To Heaven by Andre Zucker
- Til Jason Comes by Dan Lauria
- We the People by Harrison Zeiberg.
The festival will also feature Tony Award winners Anthony Crivello, Santino Fontana, Shuler Hensley, John Rubinstein, Tony nominees Robert Cuccioli, Carmen Cusack, Andy Grotelueschen, Daniel Jenkins, Richard Kind, Liz Larsen, and Robert Torti, three-time nominee Marc Kudisch, four-time nominee Judy Kuhn, as well as internet and radio personality Seth Rudetsky. Stars of the screen such as Oscar Winner Marlee Matlin, Emmy winners Ted Louis Levy, Robert Wuhl, and six-time winner Bruce Vilanch, nominees Jackie Hoffman, Christy Carlson Romano, George Wendt, and three-time nominee Mia Moravis, Golden Globe winner Marsha Manson, and nominee Joely Fisher. NWVF is produced by Kevin Pollack, Jim Auld, Mia Moravis, and Bart Shatto, and is executive produced by Chaz Ebert.
Additional talent to be featured in the 16 other readings will be Krystina Alabado, Matthew Arkin, Brittany Baratz, Taylor Blackman, Ron Bohmer, Miguel Cervantes, Mary Cheiffo, Eddie Cooper, Lee Curreri, Eden Espinosa, Ali Ewoldt, Tricia Leigh Fisher, Ellis Gage, Alan H. Green, Jenna Leigh Green, Tyce Green, Tyler Hardwick, Rodney Hicks, Zach Infante, Jawan M. Jackson, Adam Jacobs, Rachel Elise Johnson, Oyoyo Joi, Patrick Oliver Jones, Keith Byron Kirk, Leigh Ann Larkin, Dan Lauria, Jamie LaVerdiere, L Morgan Lee, Kecia Lewis, Mateo Lizcano, Kate Loprest, Glen Macken, Mehret Marsh. Jeff McCarthy, Meecah, Connor Mills, Vincent Rodriguez III, Jon Rua, Lindsay I. Ryan, Sharone Sayegh, Laura Schein, Thom Sesma, Adam B. Shapiro, Bart Shatto, Ray Shell, Zo Tipp, Vishal Vaidya, Sal Viviano, Adrienne Walker, Jon Patrick Walker, Nik Walker, Richard White, Jason SweetTooth Williams, Brynn Williams, Michael-Leon Wooley, and Michael Yeshion.