'Six' UK Drive-In Tour Cancelled Over Coronavirus


Photo: Official Six Instagram

Photo: Official Six Instagram

With the live entertainment community shutting down around the world over fears of spreading the coronavirus the massively popular musical Six sought out a new way to reach audiences through drive-in movie theaters. However that has been cut short.

The BBC reports that due to concerns over local restrictions around the United Kingdom the drive-in tour has been cancelled.

From the report:

Promoters said the "latest developments over local lockdowns" meant they couldn't proceed "with any confidence".
Ticket-holders will get full refunds.
Six's producer, Kenny Wax, said on Wednesday: "We are so very disappointed to have received the news of the cancellation earlier today.

The drive-in tour was announced last month and had booked shows in 12 cities, including Liverpool, a current coronavirus hotspot in the UK. If the shows had gone on as planned people were going to be allowed to sit or stand outside of their cars in designated areas, but were not allowed to bring in outside food.

Promoters for the show said that right now the most important thing is public health and look forward to when we can all get together for live events again.